Profile: Ron Vereggen
Habit Coach and CEO of The Habit Lab app
Tell us about yourself, your services and what brought you into the habit world.
My name is Ron Vereggen, and I’m obsessed with habits. I first started my career many moons ago as a computer programmer. After graduating from college back in 1989, I was a few years into my career, and I remember thinking… is this all there is? I had spent years chasing the dream (to graduate and land a job), and now that I had my dream job, I was bored out of my mind. It was at this point I read my first self-help book, “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen Covey. After reading this book, I set 3 five-year goals for myself…
First, I wanted to achieve six figures (I was making around 33k a year at the time). Second, I wanted to pivot into a leadership position. Third, on a personal level, I wanted to be in the perfect relationship.
And after five years, I had achieved a 6-figure income, landed a management position, and got engaged with my high-school sweetheart. At this point, I realized that it was the combination of goals and habits that was the secret to success.
What are your daily non-negotiable habits? How do you hold yourself accountable for them?
Morning Habit Stack (all before 8am)
– Wake up around 5 am (without an alarm)
– Meditation (20 min)
– 3x week – M/W/F – Workout
– 3x week – Qi Gong (alternate days)
– Drink a glass of water before my first cup of coffee
– Flip The Switch practice (this is where I pause, shift my state, and lean into being my best self)
– Choose my #1 priority for the day
– One deep work block (where I’m creative before reactive)
Evening Habit Stack
– Turn off tech (iPhone/laptop/iPad) at 8 pm (about 60 min before bed)
– Meditation (10 min)
– Read (Kindle) or Study (hard copy) from a book
– Lights out by 10 pm (at the latest)
– So that I get at least 7 hours of sleep (roughly between 10 pm and 5 am)
I keep myself accountable using my habit tracking app. I designed The Habit Lab as a community-focused habit tracker where we can keep each other accountable.
Where can our readers find you and your content?
You can find out all the stuff I’m doing right now by heading over to my website at vereggen.com There you will find out about my habit app, my podcast, free resources like the work/life balance handbook and how to register for the next Habit Ninjas Bootcamp.
Wanna learn more about Ron and how he helps his clients overcome barriers? Check out the full interview here.