Last updated: September 12, 2020.
The Habit Society operates http://www.thehabitsociety.com. This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection And Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to your name (“Personal Information”).
We may collect Personal Information that you submit to us voluntarily through our Website. We collect this information when you register, create and edit a profile, answer survey questions, enter contests, use certain features on the Website or other methods of submitting information. The types of information you can choose to provide on our Website may include, without limitation:
- Name, username, password, email address, and other contact information.
- Billing and shipping addresses, credit card number, and expiration date.
- We or our third-party service providers may also gather information relating to your devices, including: device model, operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, IP address, mobile phone number, mobile network carrier, and location (such as application installations).
- Other Personal Information you choose to provide such as your preferences, etc
Like many site operators, we collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Site (“Log Data”).
This Log Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services such as Google Analytics that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that …
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Users in the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom and Switzerland
The Legal Basis for Using EEA, UK and Swiss Personal Information
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom and Switzerland, we advise that your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which has data protection laws that are different than those in your country and may not be as protective. The United States has not sought or received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Union under Article 45 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). Our legal basis for collecting and using your Personal Information is to do so with your consent; where we need the Personal Information for performance of a contract or requested service, including to provide you with our daily Newsletter, or where the collection and use is in our or another’s legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect the Personal Information in question. If we collected your Personal Information with your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
Our retention of your Personal Information and any subsequent communications are based on our legitimate interest in providing you with new and potentially relevant materials based on your geography, role, or company. As always, you can elect to opt out from receiving such future communications.
To the extent that we transfer Personal Information from the EEA, UK or Switzerland to a jurisdiction outside the EEA, UK or Switzerland that has not been adduced by the European Commission as providing adequate data protections (such as the United States), we will ensure that such Personal Information is safeguarded through appropriate contractual terms or other approved mechanisms.
Rights for EEA. UK or Swiss Residents
In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, UK or Switzerland, you have the right to:
- Find out if we use your Personal Information, to access your Personal Information, and receive copies of your Personal Information.
- Withdraw any express consent that you have provided to the processing of your Personal Information at any time without penalty.
- Access your Personal Information and have it corrected or amended if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Obtain a transferable copy of some of your Personal information which can be transferred to another provider when the Personal Information was processed based on your consent.
- If you believe your Personal Information is inaccurate, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your Personal Information, you also have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
- Request your Personal Information be deleted or restricted under certain circumstances. For example, if is using your Personal Information on the basis of your consent and has no other legal basis to use such, you may request your Personal Information be deleted when you withdraw your consent.
Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
If we ask you to provide Personal Information to us to comply with a legal requirement or enter into a contract, we will inform you of this and let you know whether providing us with your Personal Information is required and if not, the consequences of not sharing your Personal Information with us.
Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our or a third party’s legitimate interests and those interests are not already described above, we will let you know what those legitimate interests are.
To withdraw consent or exercise these rights, please contact us via email at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are processing your Personal Information in violation of the law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory Authority (also known as Data Protection Authority) or other appropriate governmental authority in your EEA Member State or Switzerland.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Third-Party Websites
The Website may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners and various contact management services and other service providers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check their individual privacy policies before you submit any Personal Information to those websites.
Unsubscribe from Our Newsletters
Should you no longer wish to receive our any of our Newsletters to your inbox, you may click on the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each message received, and/or contact us at society@thehabitsociety and we will immediately remove you from our distribution list.
You can also mail us at:
552021 BP BELMORE PO